Friday, October 06, 2006

Update 10/9/06


The outside painting is done. We still have to put up the cedar shakes but David's on another project now, flooring. He tiled all last week after work every night and a lot got done! The kid's hall, Richard's bathroom, the dining room, part of the kitchen (we're still waiting on cabinets to go in) and almost all of the living room are done. There would be pictures but I'm still having problems posting pictures, any suggestions all you techies out there?
This weekend was spent installing hardwood in Richard's bedroom, Susannah's bedroom, the playroom and my office. Mike Gregor was over Saturday and the two guys with Richard's help got three of the rooms mostly completed. Sunday David worked on the office with my sporadic help, that room was a battle for him! Today the hardwood floor guy is over and finishing up the rooms (installing the floors around the vents and installing the vents). It is looking good!
I was going to begin grouting, but after speaking with our friend who is a tile installer I'm a bit nervous to work with epoxy grout. Apparently it is difficult to clean the tiles properly and I need a lesson, or maybe I need to hire someone to do it for me!

No comments: