Friday, September 08, 2006

Bad House Day



Some people have bad hair days. Well, David and I had a bad house day. The cabinets arrived today. With anticipation I walked into the house to see them and the first thing I noticed is the style of the doors is wrong. I wanted a shaker style door with a straight edge both on the outside and the inside of the frame. While the cabinets look nice, this is not the door I was expecting to see. David rushed over to cut the expansion lines in the concrete and first discovered the back porch is not square. (It's off by three inches.) Second, he frantically pulled the forms from the concrete, struck the chalk lines, got the saw, pulled the starter twice, and the rope broke. The lines won't be cut tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cabinets will probably look fine when you get your appliances, flooring and artifacts inside the glass-fronted cabinets.

When we chose our kitchen cabinets, we got to look at model kitchens and actual doors so we didn't have any unpleasant surprises.........
Love,
Mom