Monday, June 08, 2009

First in Silver Division

Both girls' teams won first in the silver division this weekend.

Michelle's team played seven games in Milwaukie losing one Saturday which put them in the silver division. Sunday they played four games and did quite well. As catcher, Michelle caught a pop up and while playing 2nd base she jumped for a high line drive which she caught for out number one then made the double play at second with Rianne for the second out (and the third for the inning). It is so nice to see this team work well together. Most of them have been together for four years playing tournaments and they work well together. All of the girls were hitting the ball and they had very few strikeouts against them. We are proud of the way they played.

Susannah's team struggled Saturday winning one and losing two which put them in the silver division. Sunday they won all their games and earned first in their division. I was able to see two of the games on Saturday (the not so good games). It was hard to see them struggle but I'm sure they learned a lot from it. David went to the Invasion games with Susannah on Sunday so I got limited updates (basically just scores). Susannah only pitched one inning as she is coming back from a knee injury. I don't know how she did because the reports to me were sketchy. She did have fun and really likes her team. I think the girls on the team had fun pestering David, he came home with dirt hand prints and initials on the back of his coach's jersey!

No comments: