Saturday, February 02, 2008

Hello Again

I am getting complaints! Apparently, you all have missed my ramblings and pictures.
After a wonderful visit with David's mom September turned rough. The middle of September I noticed Rupert was ill. After six different vet visits and 2 1/2 months we finally deducted he had a terminal illness and I had to make the decistion to put him down. Still, I miss him every day. He was my "talker" in the barn and each time I open the barn door the silence bothers me.
The girls played fall ball, they are playing on the same team again and we are enjoing that! All of the kids are playing basketball this winter. Richard's season is over. Michelle is playing tournament ball and Susannah is playing Junior High ball. This is the first year for all of them and they seem to like it. I did not get any pictures of Richard playing, I was lucky to get him to games during that time! I'll work on getting some pictures of the girls this week and posting them.
My mom was here for a short, busy visit. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Melting Pot in Portland, a five minute visit to the beach, a beautiful fall drive and we got to see the "World's Largest Sitka Spruce" just before a wind storm toppled it. As usual, we were running the entire visit.
Most of you heard about our accident in December. We hit a guard rail after skidding on black ice. The truck is still in the shop five weeks later. I think we're going to have to spur them on...
We have had snow on and off the entire week. Just enough to be pretty, not enough to wreck havoc! It's snowing right now. I hope that the roads are clear, I want to go shopping!

No comments: